EViR Strategic Workplan – Expanding our vision
Our vision is to maximise the impact and benefit to society of health-related research by advancing research practices and funding. The Guiding Principles have been agreed as a framework to help members increase the value and maximise the impact, rigour, reliability, robustness and transparency of the research they fund. In order to maximise the effectiveness of EViR activity, a strategic wokplan was agreed following the September 2022 Strategic Meeting.
In our strategic delivery plan, EViR members have renewed their commitment to supporting research excellence. The plan focuses on selected priority topics, agreed by all to be important areas for development over the next 3 to 5 years. It was developed within the Guiding Principles framework which helps members increase the value and maximise the impact, rigour, reliability, robustness and transparency of the research they fund.
The priority areas identified for inclusion in this work plan are:
- Review and evolution of the EViR Guiding Principles.
- Using and developing the Research on Research evidence-base to inform and improve funding practice.
- Ensuring meaningful and consistent equality diversity and inclusion (EDI).
- Ensuring sustainability of research funding practice.
- Extending our reach to low- and middle-income countries (LMIC).
- Expanding our membership within an inclusive and robust governance structure.
- Maximising our communication and engagement opportunities.
We would like to invite you to read the EViR strategic Workplan and join our international community of health-research funders and organisations that represent funders and/or influence health-related research funding policy.