As funders, we recognise a unique responsibility to fund research in a way that maximises the value of that funding.
The goal of the EViR Funders’ Forum is to maximise the probability of benefits to society from health-related research by working together to find the most effective practices for ensuring that reliable, useful evidence is created, and then made accessible to those who need it.
Membership is open to:
- health-related research funder organisations
- organisations that represent funders
- organisations that set health-related research funding policy
There are some organisations that do not neatly fit these criteria but are still important members of the Forum. Contact us to discuss
There are two types of membership:
Full EViR membership:
Held by organisations, not by individuals. To become a full member, an organisation needs to:
- Be a health-related research funder or an organisation that represents such funders, or an organisation that sets health-related research policies.
- Support the Guiding Principles and strive to ensure value in research.
- Pay a yearly membership fee of GPB 5,000 – The fee will not increase by more than ten percent year on year.
Can be held by individuals invited by the Steering Group who:
- Support the Guiding Principles.
- Are a leading voice in a field relevant to health research funding.
- Represent a group of stakeholders whose voice should be present at the Forum discussions.
All full and honorary EViR members have access to:
- All past and present materials including those from Forum groups on Microsoft Teams, tools and resources.
- Membership of interest groups for specialist areas.
- Membership of working groups relating to Guiding Principles
- Round Table meeting.
- EViR conference and webinars.
- A community of practice for queries or discussions.
- Influencing the future agenda of the Forum.
Members undertake to:
Some of our members:
Contact us for more information about joining EViRContact us