12th EViR Meeting – 31 March & 1 April 2022
We are very delighted to share a draft agenda for the next EViR Round Table on Thursday 31st March and Friday 1st April 2022. We hope you can join us in the next EViR meeting where members will be able to learn and share best practice as well as establish the EViR programme with direct impact on the future of the EViR activities and outputs.
As the first EViR meeting following the transition to the new membership model, day 2 will be restricted to members only. Please contact the secretariat if you would like to discuss your membership.
Day 1 – 12:00 to 17:30 GMT
1.1 Welcome to 12th EViR meeting: Michael Bowdery (HCRW, Wales)
1.2 Plenary session – key topics in the development of EViR
- Sustainability. Chair: Emily Moore (NIHR)
- Exploring the low and middle-income countries research funding landscape, research needs and how they relate to the Guiding Principles. Chair: Garry Aslanyan (ESSENCE, Switzerland).
- Panel members:
- Swedish Development Cooperation Agency (Sida, Sweden) – Maria Teresa Bejarano
- LMIC funder: COSTECH (Tanzania) – Amos Nungu
- Health research funder: NIHR (UK) – Sarah Puddicombe
- NIHR GHR programme funded research team (Unit, Group or HPSR award) – Shabbar Jaffar
- Cochrane (UK) – Following a recent call to action for funders in the Cochrane Convenes Report – Dr Karla Soares-Weiser.
- Panel members:
- Equality, diversity and inclusion EViR agenda. Chair tbc. Speaker: Marshall Chin (The University of Chicago Medicine, USA)
1.3 Updates of work areas. Chair: Michael Bowdery (HCRW, Wales)
1.4 EViR social
Day 2 – 12:00 to 17:30 GMT
2.1 Welcome to Day 2. Michael Bowdery (HCRW, Wales)
2.2 EViR future agenda and work programme: What will EViR do?
- Working with funders from low and middle-income countries. Chair: Dottie Goble (NIHR, UK)
- Developing new guiding principles.
- Sustainability – Elaine Williams (NIHR, UK)
- Equality, Diversity and Inclusion – tbc
- Research on Research: What can we do as a Forum? Chair: Michael Bowdery (HCRW, Wales) with the support of Amanda Blatch-Jones (RoR, UK) and James Wilsdon (RoRI, UK)
- Dissemination and Implementation: next steps. Chairs: Barbara van der Linden (ZonMw, The Netherlands) and Staffan Arvidsson (Forte, Sweden)
- EViR Members organisational priorities. Michael Bowdery (HCRW, Wales)
2.3 EVIR Steering Group business meeting. Michael Bowdery (HCRW, Wales)
2.4 Meeting close. Michael Bowdery (HCRW, Wales)