8th EViR Funders’ Forum meeting September 2019
On September 19 and 20, 2019, the Ensuring Value in Research (EViR) Funders’ Forum held its 7th meeting in Washington, DC, hosted by the Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute (PCORI) and co-conveners National Institute for Health Research (NIHR), ZonMw, Health Research Board (HRB) Ireland and Health and Care Research Wales (HCRW). Forum members participated both in person and via webinar.
Day 1: Thursday, September 19th
- 10.30 -11.00 – Sign in and refreshments
- 11.00 -12.00 – Introduction session for newcomers (optional)
- 12.00-13.00 – LUNCH AND NETWORKING
- 13.00-13.15 – Welcome to DC
- 13.15-15.00 – Current Dissemination and Implementation Practices Across the Forum and Opportunities for Enhancement
- 15.00-15.15 – BREAK
- 15.15-16.00 – SHARE: Related Initiatives and next steps on preclinical guiding principles
- 16.00-16.20 – LEARN: How are funders currently using EViR outputs in their work? Ensuring Value in Research at NHMRC: An update on the Research Quality Steering Committee
- 16.20-17:00 – Top of Mind Items – As an organization, what are your top of mind items? Are there challenges that are keeping you up at night?
- 17:00-17:15 – Close
Day 2: Friday 20th September
- 09.15 – Welcome
- 09.15-9:45 – Reflections on the EViR Funders’ Forum: Community and contributions to date – SHARE: Participation at the meetings and beyond -CONTRIBUTE: Outputs and influence
- 9:45-10:30 – LEARN: How are funders currently using EViR outputs in their work?
- 10.30-10:45 – BREAK
- 10.45-12.00 – Looking Forward: Forum Sustainability and Future Vision
- 12.00-13.00 – LUNCH
- 13.00-14:45 – Initiatives that Support Transparent Reporting of Research Funding and Results–How can funders support transparency, accessibility, and usability of research and results?
- 14.45-15.15 – Networking Break
- 15.15 -16.15 – COLLABORATE: Open discussion to determine areas for collaboration and contribution- Topics will be generated by meeting participants but could include areas such as joint action to address key uncertainties, replicating or developing audits, or new ideas for working groups.
- 16.15-16.30 – Next steps and meeting close