EViR Webinar on Animal-free Science – Date tbc
Members will have the opportunity to discuss what health funders (can) do to promote animal-free innovations and more human-relevant science, and how funders and regulators can engage as stakeholders to stimulate acceptance and implementation of animal-testing-free innovations.
This meeting is for EViR members only, please contact the secretariat if you would like to discuss your membership.
- Chair (MRH): Utrecht University, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Institute of Risk Assessment Sciences toxicology; co-chair preclinical working group EViR
- ZonMw (BdW) – Dutch Health funding organisation; EViR board member; co-chair preclinical working group EViR
- Swiss 3R foundation (HG) – 79NRP program = national research program for advancing the 3R alternatives to animal studies in Switzerland
- European Medicines Agency (EMA) (SB) – EMA is responsible for the evaluation and approval of new drugs for the market
3R = Replacement, Reduction and Refinement of animal studies
- Merel Ritskes-Hoitinga: Introduction
- Sonja Beken: EMA and the 3R working party
- Bas de Waard: ZonMw and funding of animal-testing free health science
- Herwig Grimm: Swiss 3R funding programme
- Merel and Bas: wrap up and closure
- Sonja Beken – EMA evaluator for the non-clinical field; chair 3Rs working party chair; Belgium
- Bas de Waard – ZonMw coordinator of the program more knowledge with fewer animals; coordinator animal-free safety assessment funding calls; Netherlands
- Herwig Grimm – programme coordinator Swiss 3R foundation; Switzerland
- What are funders already undertaking and what ways are there for funders to stimulate animal-free medical science through their procedures and requirements.
- Exchange with funders on what can be done more in this field.
- How can funders stimulate a more close interaction between researchers and regulators to enhance adoption of animal-free test methods.
- How can the EMA 3R working party give input to funders and vice versa