EViR Meeting – Funders’ responses to COVID-19
Aim of the meeting: Discuss the opportunities and challenges of the funders and the wider sector’s response to COVID-19, with a focus on the EViR guiding principles.
- Immediate responses (both COVID-19 and non-COVID-19 related):
- What funders are doing;
- Current and future initiatives;
- Ongoing work.
- Current issues:
- How to restart after COVID-19;
- How are we prioritising COVID-19 research;
- How to repurpose existing projects;
- How to collaborate;
- How to maintain the fragile (fixed-term ECRs etc.) research communities etc. through costed/uncosted extensions;
- Prevent duplication.
- Preparing for the longer term (both COVID-19 and non-COVID-19 related):
- What new initiatives are successful and might be carried out post-COVID?
- What are the risks and threats of newly implemented practices?